Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Returning to running: Week 3 day 1

I got a nice run in last night.

It was only three miles but aerobically I felt great.  My heart rate was running about 10 beats per minute slower for the same level of workout that I did last week.  I felt so good, that I plan to do extra distance.

However, in the last mile the area immediately above my right knee started to hurt.  By the end of the three miles, it hurt enough to make me limp.  I did not perform the extra distance I had planned earlier in my run.

Today, I have babied my knee a bit.  I'm taking the elevator instead of stairs, keeping my level of activity lower, and taking a couple of advil.

It has only improved a little since last night.  I'm sincerely hoping that it feels better by tomorrow evening.  If it doesn't then I'll take two extra recovery days and hope it feels better in time for a run late on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment