Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Returning to Running: Fifth workout



On Monday I performed my fourth workout.  I took a recovery day yesterday (take your recovery days, your body needs a chance to repair & rebuild).

Today I ran four miles.  Based upon how I felt, I’m going to use this as my “long-run distance”.  Meaning I’ll make all of my runs between now 3 miles.  I’ll attempt 5 miles sometime next weekend.

For the first mile I felt very tired and not ready to run. After the first mile I started feeling good.  However, at about mile 2.5 I started to tire again.  By the last mile, my legs were really tired.

My heart rate was about 10-15 bpm higher today than it was on Monday.  This reinforces my thinking that when you feel like you are working harder than normal, you usually are.

Still I finished the run and lifted weights again afterwards.  I feel pleasantly tired now and I’ll have that pleasant slightly sore feeling in my legs tomorrow that lets me know I had a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment