Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Returning to Running: Week 2, day 1

I've been rather haphazard with the naming of these entries.  I think I'll use a "week: day" title like I used for my Couch to 5K progress.

My last previous run was Wednesday 2/12, although I had spent 4 hours doing hard outside chores on Saturday.

My run last night was, hate to say it, hard.

I felt tired and out of breath for the entire run.  I never did get into the "zone".   I spent the entire run thinking about how much I didn't want to be running.  My legs were tired, my ankles got tired, I couldn't get into my "quiet, stealthy ninja" running mode, so my feet slapped or made noise the entire run.  I monitored my heart rate and it never gave me a reason to cut the run short (it stayed under 165 BPM).

I completed 3.25 miles (out of a planned 3.1 mile run) in slightly less than 32 minutes.  Then I lifted weights for about 40 minutes.

Interestingly, when I started my cool down, my heart rate dropped below 130 BPM in about three minutes which is very rapidly for me.

This morning my ankles and the tendons along the bottom of my feet hurt and were stiff.  They felt fine by lunch time.



I plan today as a recovery day and then plan to run four miles on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment