Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Return to Running: Week 3, day 2

I seriously doubted I'd be able to run tonight.  Since my last run the tendons above my have hurt, especially when I climb stairs.  As recently as this afternoon it still hurt.  Earlier in the week I took ibuprofen as an anti-inflammatory, however, I had to stop taking them yesterday morning because I have a colonoscopy on Friday.

By the time I actually got back to my hotel room this evening, my knee was not hurting.  So, I got my running gear on and went for a run.  At the beginning of the week (before the pain), I planned to run at least four miles today and I got all four of those miles into the run tonight.  I also got a half mile warm-up walk and a half mile cool-down walk.  Then I lifted weights for about 30 minutes.

My knee does hurt a little tonight but it isn't doing too bad.

I won't have time to run tomorrow due to air travel and bowel prep.  I won't be able to run on Friday due to the colonoscopy and recovery.  So my next exercise attempt will be on Saturday.  I plan to run three miles if I feel good.  However, like the previous two weeks, if I run out of time, I may be forced to count other activities (like chopping wood) as part of my work out.

As soon as I can run with no knee pain, I'll begin to consider running on consecutive days again.

No comments:

Post a Comment