Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Diary of a Crohn's Flare: Bleeding again?

Yesterday during the day, my Crohn's site started aching.  This wasn't a cramping or sharp pain, it was more of a dull ache.

Through the course of the day yesterday, my stool gradually got darker.  By bed time it had turned completely black.  Through the night I had two bowel movements and then I had another when I awoke in the morning.  All three of those stools were also black.

For me this is an indication of bleeding.  Through the course of the day today, my stool returned to normal coloration.

I haven't bled regularly from Crohn's in a long time.  Plus my latest CBC (complete blood count) showed my red blood cell count, hemoglobbin, and hematocrit all in the normal range; so I'm not concerned about being anemic yet.

Still it's something I need to keep an eye on.  If I start seeing this happen regularly, I'll have to start getting regular blood tests to monitor my blood levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment