Thursday, February 13, 2014

Returning to Running: Surprise!

On my fourth run since 2 weeks before Christmas, I ran 4 miles at an easy pace last night.  Although I felt tired from the run, I had no soreness or other problems today.

Until, I was walking up stairs.  My left knee started hurting a lot.  Ironically I ran 4 floors of stairs twice already today before the knee started hurting after walking up only a single floor.

I plan to rest my knee and take another recovery day tomorrow.  However, I will have to negotiate the air transportation system.  Because of the massive snow and ice storm that struck the East Coast, who knows how that will go.

I'm prepared for the airline to call me tomorrow morning to cancel my flight again (my flight today was already canceled).  If so, perhaps I'll try some walking as a means to exercise without straining the knee.

No news on the Crohn's front.

No comments:

Post a Comment