Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hospital Bed to 5k+ Week 1 Day 2

Although I brought him, I took no pictures of the pup today.  He doesn't like it when other runners pass us (neither do I), lol.

The weather was around freezing (31 F, IIRC) and it rained lightly for the last half of the run.  Still I made very good time.  I hope I won't be sore tomorrow since I have to spend 4 hours driving in the car :(

After I get a couple of weeks of training at this distance to re-acclimate myself to running, I think I'll start a 5k to 10k bridge program.  I'll post that program when I've decided which one I want to use.

I'm planning a 3 mile run for Thursday, the day before my infusion.  Then I'll take a couple of days of rest to recuperate from both the running and the infusion.

and here's my heart rate monitor chart.






Note that my data recorder quit part way through the run but I restarted it.  That's why the chart says I only ran for about 20 minutes when I actually ran more like 26 minutes.



Summary:



Measure
Value
Unit
Distance
2.5
mi
Time
26
min
Avg HR
170
bpm
Max HR
180
bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment