Monday, March 23, 2015

Hospital Bed to 5K+ Week 1 Day 1

After running my first 3 miler in over a year, my legs were sore for many days. Yesterday I took my puppy running again. Only 2.5 miles this time but today my legs aren't sore at all.  I think I'll do another 2.5 mile run in a few days and then try a 3+ miler on Thursday (right before my next Remicade infusion).

Partial credit for the energy and lack of pain goes to Remicade. Lots of credit goes to my puppy who seems to really like going for runs and doesn't bark at other runners, bikers, and dogs.

My data recorder turned off a few minutes into my 28 minute run so I don't have a nice chart to show this time.




However, I do have a nice picture of my pup running on the trail with me again.





Summary:



Measure
Value
Unit
Distance
2.5
mi
Time
28
min
Avg HR
160
bpm
Max HR
172
bpm




No comments:

Post a Comment