Monday, October 6, 2014

Diary of a Crohn's Flare: Feeling Hot and Cold again

Today was supposed to be my first day back at work since my disability began back in the middle of July.  Unfortunately, my company's HR office didn't get the forms completed in just the right way and so they are not permitting me to return to work today.  Instead I have recontacted my surgeon's office and asked them to complete the return to work authorization form again and resend it to my HR department.

I understand that my company's HR department needs assurances that I am ready for the rigors of work and that they need to protect themselves from potential lawsuits but this is getting tedious and annoying.

On another front, it is perhaps a good thing that today I was not able to work.  I am running a low-grade fever on and off and I am also suffering from hot and cold flashes.  I'll go from feeling freezing cold and needing to wear a jacket and cover myself with a blanket to feeling extremely overheated and having to shed my clothing down to shorts.  My fevers haven't been that high (99.2 F) and about half of my temperature readings have been normal (98.6 F).

I also had a hacking but productive cough this morning.  I like to pretend that this is my body's way of expelling some of the fungal pneumonia infection but I have no idea whether this is realistic or not.  In this particular case, I am also fighting off a cold that other members of my family also have so my coughing could be completely related to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment