Sunday, November 30, 2014

First 5K race

I completed the Guts and Glory Virtual Run today, even though I have not completed my 5K training.  I completed the 5K in 58:24 minutes.

Guts & Glory virtual run to raise money and awareness of Crohn's and Colitis



The Cause
The Guts and Glory Virtual Run sends all proceeds to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.  It uses that money for research and providing information to the sufferers and their families of these diseases.


Virtual Run

A virtual run is a race in which you choose the time and place of the run (within the specified limits of the race) and report your results.


Course

My course was a very flat paved trail on a former railroad route. I choose a "down & back" route.


Other stuff

My wife and I are attempting to train our new puppy as a running buddy.  We took him today and this slowed us a lot.

We walked almost the entire race but did so at a brisk pace (probably about 4 MPH) but needed to take many stops to discipline the puppy and keep him from lunging at other runners, walkers, and bikers.

Summary

3.1 miles in 58:24 minutes

Peak heart rate about 130 BPM.  Average heart rate about 120 BPM.  Not a very hard run/work out but it worked great as puppy exercise and training.

No comments:

Post a Comment