Sunday, November 30, 2014

Catching up

Since Monday 11/17 I have not performed any explicit training workouts.  My many reasons for skipping the workouts distill to three main reasons:
  1. Cold and sinus infection starting 11/18
  2. Injury
  3. Time spent performing hobby farm chores (shoveling sheds, cutting wood, stacking wood, etc.)

Cold

I'm still not over my cold but I've improved enough from it and my subsequent sinus infection that I've been able to run since about Wednesday 11/26.

Injury

I injured my mid-back on 11/19.  It started as a very mild muscle pull, however, the coughing from my cold and pneumonia cause the pull to worsen rather than heal.  Now, it can sometimes be excruciating.

When running, you should heal properly from an injury before resuming your training.  Allowing the injury to heal takes less time away from training than resuming too early and re-injuring it would.

Chores

Since my last run, I've actually spent much time doing these chores (2 instances of shoveling the shed, hauling bedding, etc.).  As part of my training, I count the time shoveling as high intensity calisthenics and the time spent doing other activities as light intensity calisthenics.

I also twice cut firewood with my chainsaw and stacked the wood on several occasions.  I count the cutting as heavy calisthenics and the stacking as moderate intensity weight lifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment