Saturday, March 15, 2014

Running with Crohn's Disease: and another thing / bowel obstruction

So if you've followed my blog you know that I've been trying to get back into running since my abdominal abscess last December.  With my recent partial small bowel obstruction, I'm going to have to put my running on hold for several days at least.

At this point I think I've got a 50% chance of requiring hospitalization.  I think this for two reasons, 1) this "episode" is far more uncomfortable than my partial small bowel obstructions over the last couple of years and 2) this episode has already been going on for several days and hasn't resolved on its own.

I'm restricting myself from eating (only allowing myself clear fluids), restricting myself from physical activity, and monitoring my temperature to ensure that I get the hospital quickly if I show any signs of another perforation.

Anyway, I think that this may put more than my running on-hold :(

No comments:

Post a Comment