Saturday, March 15, 2014

Return to Running: Week 5 Day 2

This day (Tuesday), I managed to leave the office a little early.  It was a beautiful day (in the 60s & sunny) and with the change to daylight savings time, I had plenty of sunlight to do a trail run.

Which is exactly what I did.

I did a 1/2 mile walking warm-up, a 4 mile trail run on a soft surface, and a 1/2 mile walking cool-down.  I completed the running portion in about 41-42 minutes (a great time for my trail runs).  Towards the end of the run, my heart rate just started moving into zone 5.

The next day, the only parts of my legs that were sore were the small ankle muscles used to stabilize my legs.

It was a fun run and I was very happy to finish this distance!  I find trail runs to be more difficult than treadmill runs so I count the 4 miles I completed here as equivalent of almost 5 miles on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment