Sunday, August 10, 2014

Diary of a Crohn's Flare: How I'm doing

Two and a half weeks ago I was discharged from the hospital.  Tomorrow I get surgery.

Today, I've had more pain than normal (running at about a 3 even with the pain medication).  By 2 pm, I have already taken my second dose of pain medicine and am still fairly uncomfortable.  I've also feeling dopey (a side-effect of the pain medication, I think).

Today, I'm also bloated and feel very full.  In preparation for my surgery tomorrow, I've switched to a clear fluid diet (per the surgeon's orders).  Even so, the chicken broth I drank for lunch has left me feeling over full.

I'm also feeling lethargic and not feeling like doing much.  I'm not sure whether this is due to dropping down to 0 mg of prednisone.  Despite the feelings of lethargy I've been working through my list of things to do before the surgery.  I'll write about that in my next post.

However, I'm in a pretty good mood.  I'm actually looking forward to the surgery despite the small bit of fear I have about it.  I know I'll be in significantly more pain after surgery, but I'll also FINALLY be on the road to recovery.  I'll finally be able to put my energies into the things that will help me heal faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment