Friday, April 11, 2014

Returning to Running: Week 8 Day 4

By the end of the day on Wednesday I felt extremely fatigued.

However, it was a beautiful day and I had very few eating issues over the previous week, so I was determined to do some amount of exercise.  I decided that I'd go out to the trail and at least walk some - even if I didn't do any running.

So I walked my obligatory 1/2 mile warm up and still didn't want to run.  However, I didn't feel like I couldn't run, so I did my stretches and ran anyway.

By a 1/2 mile into my run, I was still feeling very fatigued and my heart rate was running about 20 bpm higher than normal for the difficulty of the run, so I slowed down a little but kept running.  I managed to get the full 2 miles in that I hoped to run.  My heart rate just got into zone 5 by the end of the run.

Hurrah!

I feel like I'm back on the road to running again after another month plus of recuperating from my belly issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment