Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Return to Running: Week 8 Day 1

You may have noticed that this occurred several weeks after my last entry on running.


I’m writing this over a week after the fact…

With my Crohn’s acting up so severely that I haven’t been able to eat, I had to eliminate my work outs.  In fact, I eliminated even routing things I did to help me stay in shape, like taking the stairs.  I figured that if I wasn’t consuming enough calories to keep my weight up, then I couldn’t afford the luxury of burning them for staying fit.

Last weekend I had two good days in a row, meaning I think I ate more calories than I burned.  I decided that this was good enough to justify a “work out” and I decided to walk a forest trail.  At the 0.5 mile mark, I felt very good and REALLY wanted to start running, however, I restrained myself because it had been about 3 weeks since I had felt good enough to do anything.

Restraining myself turned out to be a good decision.  By the time I got to 0.75 miles, I started feeling very light-headed and I turned around.  It took a lot of will power to keep going by the end, I felt exhausted.

Still I was very happy that I was able to do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment