Friday, April 11, 2014

Diary of a Crohn's Flare: Some bad days

For the previous week or so, my eating and intestinal behaviors have been returning to normal.  I had started adding in V8 juice and applesauce as a means to get some dietary fiber.  I had some of one or both of these from Sunday - Wednesday.  However, on Wednesday evening after my run, I accidentally ate some apple pie.  It was very soft but it was not pureed like the other fiber foods that I've eaten recently.

My gut pain on Wednesday evening was powerful enough to wake me from sleep.  I also suffered from multiple severe night sweats (I wonder what the maids think of the thoroughly soaked sheets every night.  I hope they don't think I'm urinating in my bed).

My gut issues (bloating, full feeling, and pain) continued through today so far.  I am still able to eat but it is painful to do so.  Until this resolves, I'll be stuck at 40 mg of Prednisone and not able to consume even pureed fiber again :(.

Still my energy levels are back up and I did get a nice run in this week (my ankles are still sore :) ).  I plan to only walk until the bloating goes down because I worry that with my bloating I might traumatize my gut even further if I also run.

No comments:

Post a Comment