Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Diary of a Crohn's Flare: a bad day

Taking my prednisone and azathioprine doses in the morning has really helped reduce my problems with night sweats.  I am still having night sweats but they are drastically less bad.

However,

The last several nights (including last night) gut pain has awakened me multiple times.  It feels like a partial small bowel obstructions (abdominal bloating, with sharp stabbing pains) and eating makes it worse.

This morning I took a 1/2 norco pill as soon as I got up for the morning and then 30 minutes later I took a generic Levsin to help reduce the cramping pain.  Over an hour later my pain levels were still shooting up to 6 on my pain scale, so I took another 1/2 pill and stayed in my hotel room until noon.

I am still getting sharp shooting pain and it still feels like a partial small bowel obstruction.  The only reason that I think it isn't one is because I am able to have bowel movements and those do temporarily reduce my pain and discomfort.  My abdominal bloating does seem to have reduced a bit too.

At noon, the pain was mostly manageable so I packed up my work stuff and went into work.  I have some work that it'd be really good to complete today.  Plus there's a chance the computer company shipped my replacement computer (my display is very messed up) and I'd like to get that fixed as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment