Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Return to Running: Week 8 Day 2




I’m writing this several days after the fact…

After my last “work out,” I had another bad day (I define a bad day as one in which I’m not able to eat much if anything and I’m usually in a lot of pain too) on Wednesday.  Since I set myself a goal of having at least 2 good days before every work out, this set back my plans for another walking work out.

I was able to get a day of walking in on Saturday I had a couple of blood tests and did other errands.  Going into the walk I felt much more energetic than my previous one.  This time I got 2 miles into the walk before feeling very light headed – so severe that I had to reach for my wife during the walk to keep from falling.  This vertigo sensation is new with my current flare.  I haven’t really experienced such severe vertigo with my previous Crohn’s flare & medications.  I don’t know what’s causing it.

Anyway, when I experience the light headedness, we returned to the car.  My total distance was around 3 miles for the day.  I had left an Ensure in the car so I drank one as an after run fuel.  After a short time I felt much better.  This was my first clue that the vertigo might be a blood sugar / fueling issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment