Wednesday, February 11, 2015

On pain, progress, fistulas, and infusions

I've had pain coming and going for the last several months.  Over the last month I've needed a pain pill on more days than I haven't needed any.

I spoke to my doctor about this and my fears that my Crohn's is active in my intestines again.  He elected to get a scope on it on 3/3.  He also felt that the pain may be due to adhesions (intestines sticking to things) rather than Crohn's inflammatory process.

Also to help stop any inflammatory process as well as to help heal up my two fistulas, I'll be starting Remicade (a TNF inhibitor) soon (I'm hoping it'll be Friday).

It's hard to choose between incapacitation due to pain and incapacitation due to feeling tired.  I'm really hoping the Remicade helps stop the pain.

The good news is if my pain is due to adhesions, then my Crohn's Disease isn't damaging my intestines.  The bad news is that if true, then the Remicade won't help relieve the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment