Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Gut pain

I've dealt with various CD feelings, symptoms, side-effects, etc. for more than 25 years now.  I've become familiar with many of the various pains and can almost always distinguish the type of problem I'm experiencing from the different types of pain that I have.  A short list of these include:

  1. Direct pain from CD ulcers/damage
  2. Pain from crampy/overactive GI tract muscles
  3. Gas pains
  4. Diarrhea pains
  5. Obstruction pain
  6. Abscess pain

Lately, I've suffered from a dull, achy, (sometimes) almost burning pain in my lower right quadrant exactly at the spot that I know my CD is located.  I have always associated this pain directly to my CD ulcers and the damage they're causing or sometimes if felt after eating I associate it with the pain of food rasping through the ulcerated/damage tissue and causing pain.

In my recent visit, my GI mentioned that it could also be pain from adhesions.

I know that I had adhesions before my last surgery (these were removed) and I almost certainly developed some new ones from the last surgery.  I don't know that I could distinguish that sort of pain from the others I've listed.  Now I'll have to do some research and see if I can figure out how to tell it appart from the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment