Tuesday, February 10, 2015

It's Remicade Day (or not)

Only it isn't :(

Last weekend I attended my niece's 8th birthday.  Her brother and mother had a case of the sniffles and sore throats.  By Sunday night I had a sore throat.  Monday morning (at the repeated prompting of my wife), I called the infusion center and asked them if I should get my infusion Tuesday morning.

The nurse called me back late (after 6:30 pm) Monday evening, reviewed my case with me, and said "no we should reschedule."

Normally cold symptoms are not sufficient to prevent or delay a Remicade infusion.  However, the nurse stated that since I already have pneumonia and Remicade is a powerful immuno-suppressant, they felt the cold might just be too much.  If the cold progressed into a viral pneumonia in addition to my fungal pneumonia, it'd be a very scary situation.

We tentatively rescheduled my infusion for Friday morning.  Now I need to do everything in my power to recover from this cold.  I'm taking Zicam and Cold-eze, pumping vitamin C, and sleeping as much as I can.

I'm crossing my fingers and really hoping to at least get to feeling like I'm recovering from this cold by Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment