Friday, February 13, 2015

Injuries

I haven't been running since December.

However, I have remained very physically active.  I think I've gotten tendonitis in my left shoulder from chopping wood and shoveling the horse shed.  When I take medicines like ibuprofen, it gives me terrible cramps and diarrhea.

Each time I think about taking pain medication for my shoulder, I have to weigh the benefits against the pain, discomfort, and trouble it will cause in my intestinal tract.

This has troubled me since before Thanksgiving and it hasn't gotten better (or worse).  I've decided to seek advice from my general practice (GP) doctor.  I'm hoping he can do something (advice or treatment) for me to help.  I'm really hoping that he doesn't recommend super strength ibuprofen!

No comments:

Post a Comment