Friday, January 16, 2015

Infectious Diseases doctor visit

Today (1/15/15) I went to my Infectious Diseases (ID) doctor to discuss the radiologists report on my 12/22/15 chest CT scan.

My ID doc was very pleased with my progress.  He wanted to know what my surgeon's and GI doc's plans for treatment were.  Unfortunately, those appointments come next week and the week after.  I told the ID doc that they were waiting on the results of this visit to make final decisions about how to proceed.

  • My ID doc wanted to know my thoughts on how the surgeon and GI doc wanted to proceed.
  • I replied they wanted to resume my old Crohn's Disease medications and put me on biologicals.
  • He asked what the odds were that we'd proceed with the biologicals if he gave permission.
  • I replied nearly 100%.
  • He stated that he would give permission if we continued the anti-fungal treatment.  He also stated that many doctors prescribe antifungals as prophylaxis when biological treatments are given.  He also stated that as long as I stayed on biologicals, he'd keep me on the antifungals.
  • I agreed.
  • He sent authorization to both my surgeon and GI doctor to proceed with the biological treatments.
So I see the surgeon on 1/22 and the GI doctor on 1/27.  I expect both to suggest that I start the biologicals and I expect the GI doctor to write the order and set up the appointment while I'm in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment