Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Flu

Over the week of 12/17/15, I started to feel very tired and my wife developed symptoms consistent with the flu.  On 12/20/15 we visited an Urgent care center and the doctor performed a nasal swab on my wife.  She test positive for Influenza A (the bad strain this year).  My doctors assumed that given my immune system stated that I had it too.

They prescribed Tamiflu to treat it.  Of our local pharmacies, only Walmart had the drug in-stock.  It seems that there is a nationwide shortage of Tamiflu due to the extent and severity of the flu outbreak.

I never developed severe flu symptoms but I did feel very run down for several days and suffered from some mild flu symptoms.  We both seem to be over the worst of the flu.  My wife still suffers from mild flu symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment