Sunday, December 28, 2014

Fistula acting up

I reported to my colorectal surgeon on 12/14 that my anorectal fistulas were acting up.  With my Crohn's and fistulas I'd normally be treated with a biological medication like Remicade or Humira.  Alternatively, I'd get surgery to mechanically correct the fistula.

I'm ineligible for biologicals while I'm still suffering from pneumonia.  So my doctor prescribed Ciprofloxicin to get the fistula under control.  This worked at the beginning of November and seems to have worked again this time.

Unfortunately, it also messes up my digestive system, so I've also started taking some probiotics - specifically yeast based probiotics since the Ciprofloxicin would wipe out any bacterial based probiotics.

Anyway, over the last 2 weeks the Ciprofloxicin almost completely eliminated the inflammation around my fistulas.

No comments:

Post a Comment