Sunday, August 12, 2012

Running: Introduction

Well a lot has happened since my last blog posts.  Perhaps the thing which has kept me from writing new blog posts the most is running.  In September of '11 I began a program called "Couch to 5K" (I used the version from the web site "Cool Running").

Since that time I have participated in a race each month for over a year.  It's looking like this month (August of '12) I will not complete a race :(

I have progressed from not running at all to completing a 20 mile training run this morning/afternoon!

In the weeks ahead, I plan to include posts on what I've found during this experience.  Plus I'll write about some of the races I've run.  Check back in September '12 for my post about the US AF Marathon (I'll be running the 1/2 Marathon at this event.  As my recent training distances might indicate, I am not planning to run a full marathon within the next few months - although I haven't registered for any races yet.

Exciting stuff.

Proceed to Running: Getting Started

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I ran the Cumberland Police Department K9 5K event last Saturday (8/18/'12) so the 1 or more race per month record continues!

    ReplyDelete